Sunday, January 24, 2010

LAGUNA (Renault) 1.9tdi how can I avoid the turbo/engine blowing up like many cases I have heard of?

Just purchase 1.9tdi Laguna 1999, and have read and been told horror stories of the turbos and engines blowing up and costing a fortune to replace.





Any tip or advice to prevent this happening will of course be gratefully received. There does seem to be a lot of complaints about this problem which is a shame as it seem a nice car.





Thanks all.LAGUNA (Renault) 1.9tdi how can I avoid the turbo/engine blowing up like many cases I have heard of?
Have a look at Renault resolved questions .You will get the answer there.


This question has been posted many times and was rightly answered.LAGUNA (Renault) 1.9tdi how can I avoid the turbo/engine blowing up like many cases I have heard of?
Keep motor at idle for about 1 minute when you stop at the end of your trip. It will help the turbo to cool down.


keep oil clean all the time, a diesel engine is best to replace oil every 7500km. and also the filter.


Other wise just treat it with respect and don't drive the shi%26amp; out of it. It is a diesel and not a racing car.


Good luck.
keep the engine well maintained go for regular servicing change the oil every year and keep the water toped up
Hi





The best answer hear is SCHAGENB good answer spot on





Good Luck !
I had my 'goona' for three years. It too was a 1.9dti, '99 plate.


We had NO problems with the engine. NONE, not a moments bother.


Just like any Renault, if you keep it serviced, it will work for you. Simple as.


I miss my goona-a bent gear selector was the reason we had to let her go. The guy that bought her fixed her for 拢16 (Plus three full days of his own labour), and she is still going strong, looing, and sounding sh it hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment