Friday, January 22, 2010

How old does a child have to be to choose where they want to live in custody cases?

First of all let me inform you that I am not a trained


legal representative.





I think that the answer to your question may vary from


state to state, and that you should check with your


lawyer for the commonly accepted rule in your area,


and country. Note that you failed to tell us what Country


you lived in.





In legal cases I have been loosely associated with, the children were asked about their preferences at age


12 to 14. However, I have lived in Md, Fla, Ga., and NC.


So, I am not aware of the specifics of each state's


particular opinion on matters like this.





In any case involving minor children in the USA you should have suitable legal representation. I urge you to acquire a lawyer's assistance as soon as possible.How old does a child have to be to choose where they want to live in custody cases?
In N.Y., 12 yrs. old and the judge will take his request into consideration......How old does a child have to be to choose where they want to live in custody cases?
In most states a child as young as 6 can be asked but this usually doesn't happen the children who get asked are usually around 11 or 12 so they are not able to be influenced also they usually are evaluated before they make the decision.
13
actually it will be left up to the judge, but he will consider the childs thoughts, but always he will do what he thinks is best for the child...speaking from experience
It depends on the judge, the state laws, the maturity of the child involved and of course the parents and lawyers...wouldn't it be great if the family could work this question out on their own without having to hurt one another with this issue.
In Canada, it's 12 years old.
i chose when i was 14 but i dont know the accual age but its gotta be under 14
Depends on what state.
I think the average age is 12, but it may vary from state to state.
I think it depends on the maturity of the child.If the child request to live with a certain parent.I was 15 when my parents separated and choose to live with my Dad.My sister was 12 choose to live with my Mom.
12
I dont think they get to choose but their opinion is welcomed but I think around 7-10 or something like that.
I think 12 cuz since im 12 and my parents wanted me both n my sister I chose my mother of course but da age in florida is 12
in our state 12
12
I Am 99.99% Sure That It Is 12.But I Think That If A Judge Says It Is OK The Child Can Be As Old As 7 Or 8.
  • blush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment