Friday, May 14, 2010

How do I cite an online court cases in the body of my research paper if I can't find an author?

The correct APA citation within the text of the paper would be:





In Roe v. Wade, the U.S. Supreme Court invalidated a state law that criminalized a woman's decision to have an abortion.





On the Reference page, the APA citation would read:


Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973).How do I cite an online court cases in the body of my research paper if I can't find an author?
';online court cases';??? you mean ones you found as news items online? just quote them as recent news reports, citing the newspaper or news site; in the footnotes, list these as author, and the report date and link instead of publisher.


But be careful quoting quotes quoting someone else, as third hand ones may not be right. Try to give direct quotes from people involved in the case, rather than commentary pieces written by someone not related to the case. The paper local to the case is likely to have a lot more detail than the national papers, but is equally likely to have a web site with the story on.How do I cite an online court cases in the body of my research paper if I can't find an author?
court cases are public record...look for Name vs. Name in a suit or cite the case only the writer is the court steno.


got it?
Put ';Un-known';
just put a shorten version of the title i think

No comments:

Post a Comment