Thursday, May 13, 2010

DO police in cases of medical calls or juvenille issues have any rules about telling details to others?

A friend of mine(she is nibby-mcnib face) is married to a police officer that was involved with a search for my 14 year old


when she snuck out with friends...then the same child was in a small issue type problem again...both times she called to get MORE details and whenever I talk to her she always has stories about medical calls and who was naked, had hairy legs and total personal details that seem like they should not be shared with her...do police fall under a confidentiality rule. I am in the medical profession and I cannot even say I saw someone walking down the hall.....does anyone know??DO police in cases of medical calls or juvenille issues have any rules about telling details to others?
I agree about contacting Internal Affairs. Her husband seems to do too much talking to his wife about work. It's hard to say who is worse, the husband or wife.


He is definitely not allowed to disclose details regarding either one of the issues or about details regarding most calls or arrests. He could possibly be tampering with evidence that is needed for court or to charge someone with.


She should not be told the names of anyone that he has been sworn to serve and protect.


Anyone in a profession that works with children especially sign a confidentiality agreement. I'm sure you did if you work in the medical profession and I would hope that a police officer would have as well.


Definitely report them!!DO police in cases of medical calls or juvenille issues have any rules about telling details to others?
You might consider reporting the incident involving your daughter to the Internal Affairs Division of the police department.
As far as I know Police reports are Public Domain.
I honestly don't know. All I can tell you is I am married to a retired police officer and he would come home and tell me about some interesting things that happened during his day, with the understanding that the story was not to go any farther. It didn't. It sounds to me like the police officer comes home and tells his wife stuff and then she loves to run around telling people the dirty little details. Something that should not be done. Possibly an anonymous note to the chief of police would stop the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment